Antique Advertising Boots Cash Chemists Vintage Wood Sign
Antique till topper advertising plaque dating to the turn of the 20th century (1899). Constructed from wood and painted in gold script this advertising banner would have originally sat atop a drug or cash dispensary window in a store.
Marked: Proprietors Boots Cash Chemists
Boots was established in 1849, by John Boot. After his father's death in 1860, Jesse Boot, aged 10, helped his mother run the family's herbal medicine shop in Nottingham, which became Boot and Co. Ltd in 1883, then Boots Pure Drug Company Ltd. in 1888. In 1920, Jesse Boot sold the company to the American United Drug Company. However, because of deteriorating economic circumstances in North America Boots was sold back into British hands in 1933.
Boots Cash Chemists (Lanes) Ltd., 1899 was established as a subsidiary of Boots.
This would make a great birthday gift, man cave or housewarming gift.
Wooden Boots ign measures 41.75“ long by 7" tall by 1.5" deep and weighs 3lb 4oz.
In good condition considering age and use. There is a split in the wood on the left had side which has been repaired in the past with a piece of wood connected on the back (please see all pictures as they form part of the condition description).
We Also Recommend